Saturday, July 7, 2012

Olde English 800


O, L, D, E,

E, N, G,
L, I, S, H,
Eight hundred,
Now I feel a whole lot better about myself
O, L, D, E,
E, N, G,
L, I, S, H,
Eight hundred,
Now I feel a whole lot better about myself

You're charcoal filtered,

Sun yellow malt liquor,
You make my grey skies blue
I drink it daily,
As my liver's failing,
But I don't give a ....,
Olde English I'm in love with you
So we're going to do something that I think is pretty fun tonight.  This blog, unknowingly in coordination with much more professional blogs called Massive Report and MLS UK will do the most professional thing possible.  Participate in my drinking game.

Here's the thing.  I'm going to tell you the worst kept secret ever.  I grew up a Montreal Expos fan.  Yeah... seriously I did.  So what do I wish upon a city that stopped following my favorite team due to a silly strike (THAT COST THEM THE D..N WORLD FREAKING SERIES!!!!!)  <alright... breathe> I wish them defeat.  That's pretty much it.  Yeah, they're Canadians, but they're French Canadians which means something... I think... but I'm not sure what.  Well, some of them speak French.  Why am I bringing up the fact that I used to be an Expos fan?  I have a bit of a unique position for Montreal in my heart.  In baseball I wanted them to win... in soccer I want them to take 5 years to beat us just like TFC did.

The drinking game you ask?  Yep.  We're doing that.  Except this time we're doing it live.

You can check it out here.



Or you can check it out on MLS UK or Massive Report.

Either way you slice it it's going to be Jonathan Smith (Smitty), me and Danny Bidmead breaking the game down live for you from both sides of the pond and drinking ourselves blue in the face.  So it should be fun.  Also if you happen to be in the Columbus metro area the live blog will be going on at Hendocs and  I'll be going with some much more prominent Crew bloggers to Ace of Cups afterward to drink even more... so join us!

Until then... the Crew vs Montreal drinking game!

1 Drink

Kickoff

Offside

Goal Kicks

Corners

2 Drinks

The video doesn't match what's being talked about on the screen.

Something is said in French

Something French is mispronounced

3 Drinks

Yellow Card

Everyone at BBR is mentioned (The horrible bar that the Crew is doing their bar crawl at tonight.  I'm sorry if you call yourself a "Rock Bar" you should not have a picture of Kid Rock up anywhere unless you are trying to be ironic.)

The Montreal Expos/Canadians are Mentioned

The fact Montreal's attendance went down after opening their brand new stadium is mentioned.

Duncan talks about this drinking game.


1 Shot that you like

Crew Goal (to reward you)


1 Shot that you hate

Montreal Goal (to punish you)

That's about it kids.  We'll add more as we go and we'll have more than just goofy drinking games.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment