Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh... Canada.

"They've got trees, and mooses, and sled dogs,
Lots of lumber, and lumberjacks, and logs!
We all think it's kind of a drag,
That you have to go there to get milk in a bag.
They say "eh?" instead of "what?" or "duh?"
That's the mighty power of Canada."




It's weird. I don't want to be that guy that just rants at other bloggers. I really don't want to be. I had something written for tonight that was completely different than what I'm about to post. I felt good about it. Then I saw this. It was so insurmountably stupid I had to respond.

Ben... Can I call you Ben? Ok awesome. Meet me over at the right side of the page.

Have you been smoking crack? Just the fact that you have to write this sort of nonsense negates your point. May I present my bevy of counterpoints in silly blog link form? Also... this is my favorite. I honestly don't get it. Is it the hipster thing to do to talk on the internet about how much you "don't care" about tomorrows match? Tomorrow's match is on my calendar. I'm much more excited about tomorrow's match than Wednesday's against Houston. Do you want to know why? The Crew have lost to Houston at one point.

It seems awfully convenient that every time the Total Failure Club gets close to being eliminated from the playoffs the fan base begins to switch the story. Have you kids considered a career in politics? Oh look. Toronto has a 0.00539% chance of making the playoffs. So now we have to deal with this crap again. Listen. We told you that we thought you were nice, but didn't want anything serious after we took you to prom. Would you quit blogging about how over us you are and just admit you fracking hate us?

I get why you would write something like this. Toronto quit being the flavor of the month when Seattle came along. They moved even further down the food chain when Portland came along. Toronto fans thrive on one thing. Attention. You are now a third place team as far as attention goes and a last place team as far as skill goes. Don Garber got a new shiny toy. It's called the Cascadia Cup and now nobody cares about poor ol' Toronto.

Here's a tip from someone who's been around the block a few times. Start caring about what happens on the pitch and less about who sees you put up what banner or who hates/loves/doesn't care about who.

On an unrelated note, I had a great laugh with the whole we didn't piss on a church fence thing your folks bring up in your comments section. Umm... your buddies whipped their junk out in front of a road. It's an actual public road not an access road. It happened.

Anyway, sorry for all of you that had to sit through that, but I get sick and tired of Toronto fans acting like some sort of scorned 17 year old girl. "Oh my God. We have so much fan support!!!!" Well... your product is horrible and your fans act like 12 year old douche bags whenever they travel. Oh boo hoo. The Columbus police wouldn't let us light shit on fire and throw it on the pitch. Sob sob... we can't break the benches at Crew Stadium! If we aren't allowed to get drunk and break a lot of laws then get on our bus and go home we aren't coming back! Seriously. Good riddance.

It just rubs me the wrong way when I can't even read about tomorrows match without some Toronto fan trying to prove to me "how little he cares about Columbus." If you don't care about Columbus... DON'T WRITE ABOUT COLUMBUS!

I'd normally do one of my dumb match previews here, but I would rather go get sushi.

One last thing... the Vegas odds have nothing on the match tomorrow, but there is an estimate that at least two Toronto fans will end up acting stupid enough to get tased.


"Don´t fret precious I´m here, step away from the window
Go back to sleep
Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils,"




1 comment:

  1. If you don't care about Ben Knight, don't write about Ben Knight.

    If we linked you back your traffic would likely go up about 1,000%, so...sorry. Enjoy the game though. I, for one, do care about beating Columbus FWIW.

    ReplyDelete