Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Good Life


"Excuse the bitching
I shouldn’t complain
I should have no feeling
Cos feeling is pain"


So I was looking at Matt's season by season comparison and I have to say, I like where the end of this year is going. Two and a half months left in the season and we have more points than '08 and '09. This works for me. I know. I know. "But Jericho, boo hoo, LA, Seattle, Dallas and Colorado are ahead of us!!! Whatever will we do?"

Let me drop this nugget on you.

No Champions League participant has made it to MLS cup in the year after they qualified for Champions League. Ever.

LA and Colorado will play at least 6 additional games this year. Between Seattle and Dallas one team will play 7 additional games and one will play 8. (Open cup) Oh and I guess Toronto will play 6 more games as well. Nothing to hurt there, but their readiness for golf in November.

My point is this. We were "penalized" for our success in '08 and '09 by having all this extra fixture congestion. While I love as many games as possible and certainly want Columbus in the Champions League as often as possible, it's nice to know our guys will be more rested for the playoffs than the 4 teams currently above us in the table.

Without any further ado.

My postponed match preview...

hahaha get it... the match was postponed... so... I... wrote this late.

Yeah, that's it.

THE BATTLE FOR THE EAST aka THE BATTLE FOR FIFTH PLACE aka Columbus vs Philly.

FANS

Seriously guys. Doop is not a word. Also, nobody gets it besides you. You know what we call people who have a joke that only they get and it's their joke and nobody else will ever understand it? Andy Kauffman. Or... if we're pretty sure that the joke is stupid, as is the case with Philly's fans we call them batshit insane.



Also, for people who are Futurama fans. It just makes me think you all are secretly Red Bull fans.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

Before I go to the next thing though I need to have a word with Philly Fan. Thank you for not being as douchy as Toronto fan, Vancouver fan, Portland fan and especially Seattle fan. Everyone in the league appreciates that. Even if 90% of what you say sounds like gibberish.

HISTORY

There's only a few teams that I can say this about so I figure I'll get this dig in.

You've never beat Columbus. I think it's just Philly, Toronto and Vancouver that are in that elite club, but it's still pretty awesome.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

RULES

Jesus, there are a lot of rules on the Philly supporters pages. Although the one that intrigued me is that if you sell tickets to someone on Stubhub and they say you didn't tell them about all their rules you can get thrown out of the cool kids club. Well... that is what American supporters sections are all about. Having so many rules it stops being fun.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

So there you go. Wow... I had a lot more things to say, but at this point the match is only 4 and a half hours away and I'm not even drunk yet.

Cheers and go Crew.

"I ain’t gonna hurt nobody
Ain’t gonna cause a scene
Just need to admit
That I want sugar in my tea
Hear me I want sugar in my tea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment