Saturday, August 27, 2011

Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle



"My favorite patient, a display of patience,
Disease-covered Puget Sound
She'll come back as fire, And burn all the liars,
leave a blanket of ash on the ground"





I don't really know why I hate Seattle as much as I do. I shouldn't. Maybe it's the fact that they are cheaters, yes... cheaters, maybe it's Drew Carey, who I've always kind of disliked (honestly the only funny part of that show was Craig Ferguson) or maybe, as I've stated in a previous blog, it's the insistence by their fan base that they were all HUGE USL Sounders fans yet logic, the actual numbers and common sense calls bullshit on that one pretty quick.

Here's the deal. When I was in sixth grade a bunch of kids that I went to school with overnight became HUGE Florida Marlins fans. Why? Because they had a genuine interest in the Miami metropolitan area? No. Because news of Major League Baseballs first expansion teams in our lifetime was all over ESPN. It was shiny. It was new. They wanted to be a part of it. Seattle, and to a lesser extent, Toronto and Portland are very similar to this. Shiny new toys that people haven't quite figured out yet.


Not enough time to do a match preview so instead I'll leave you with this. The Florida Marlins.


"It's so relieving
To know that you're leaving as soon as you get paid"

No comments:

Post a Comment