Friday, August 5, 2011

Rocky Mountain High



"It's Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
Friends around the campfire and everybody's high
Rocky mountain high"

They won the MLS cup last year. They knocked us out of the playoffs. They currently sit in 4th place in the west and have as many points as Columbus. Only one question can be asked about this Colorado Rapids team.


Why do I always forget that they exist?


Seriously. I can't be the only one. Back me up here kids. The Colorado Rapids and the San Jose Earthquakes are the "meh" game of the schedule every year. I'm happy that the matches exist. I'm happy that we get the additional matches in the regular season, but this Colorado team... extremely forgettable.

So with that here's...

MY WHY DO WE CARE MATCH PREVIEW.

Attendance at MLS Cup that you Won

Well this one is hard. Wasn't there like 28 people at last year's MLS Cup in the "Soccer Capital of the World"? In fact the actual attendance was so horrible for the Colorado v Dallas final the league considered changing the playoff format so this would never happen again. While on the other hand the 2008 MLS cup...


ADVANTAGE CREW

So I don't want to do an entire blog on attendance smack. That's like a Toronto fan doing a blog on proper spelling or punctuation. Or a Seattle fan doing a blog on how incest is wrong. Or a Chicago fan writing something on the advantages of literacy.

Instead...

Color of Jersey


Brown? It seriously looks like you are going to a board meeting, not about to play in a soccer match. I think this might be the other culprit right there. I don't realize that they are a soccer team when they are out playing against us.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

Head to Head Coaching Record

WHAT??? He's doing something related to the actual game? (Yeah, I know. I promised not to bring any sort of real content up in here, but I'm going to be late for work if I don't wrap this up and Colorado is so not top of mind for me I honestly can't think of ways to make fun of them).

Robert Warzycha vs. COL: P5 W3 L1 D1 … Gary Smith vs. CLB: P5 W1 L3 D1


ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

I think we've got these three points in the bag kids.

FYI, due to the issues going on with Hooligans (which I will write about more this week) HSH is watching the game tonight at Hendoc's. Come out and have a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment