Monday, July 25, 2011

God Save the Queen

"God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money"


Zomg! Alert the press! We're playing a team from England!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... one of the games I have looked forward to the least in the last 4 years... and I went to the Metipan match in '08!

All this game does is fulfill a schedule requirement that we have 18 home games since we didn't make CCL. Honestly, would have taken the Richmond game in USOC over this one, but that's just me.

Here's the deal, I get sorta hyped up a few times a year to play a meaningless game against a sub par team who's country is governed by a monarch. If I don't get all that excited about the Toronto or Vancouver matches why should I get excited about a friendly against Newcastle?

So from there...

My apathetic preview for the Crew v Newcastle Match

Supporters
... really? Toon Army?

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

Times Relegated

I honestly don't care that Columbus can't be relegated If the answer is more than zero I'm going with the Crew on this one.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

League Championships Since My Grandfather Graduated High School

Crew 1 - NUFC 0.

Awww... too mean? OK... fine. National open cup championships since my DAD Graduated High School.

Wait... same score? Awww... sorry guys.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

Crappy Movies About Your Club

NUFC 1


Crew 0.

Jesus that movie was horrible.

ADVANTAGE CREW

Actually Caring About the Outcome of this Match

Well... neither of the teams care. That's for sure. The Crew fans just hope nobody important gets injured as we have an actual chance at hardware this season so the only reason you'd have an interest in this game is if you never get to see the team you like. Also by like I mean follow because for some reason you don't like MLS. Oh... by don't like MLS I mean that you think liking MLS will ruin your Brit-Cred.

ADVANTAGE AMERICAN NEWCASTLE FANS


Alright, I'll see you all at the match tomorrow as I have nothing better to do.

PS... you know what would be fun? If just for the hell of it the loser of this game had to go play in the MLS All Star Game. Although with as pointless as this match is I wouldn't want the losing side to have to play in an even more pointless match.

"And there is no future
In England's dreaming"

But in all seriousness Newcastle fans. I know I gave you a hard time in this post. It's kinda what I do. I do want to say something from the bottom of my heart to all the Newcastle fans making the trip from wherever you are from.


...


...


Thanks for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment