Monday, July 18, 2011

Landslide

"I've been afraid of changing because I'd built my life around you."

So the July transfer window opened. Anything interesting happen? Oh yes. We participated in the Total Failure Club's fire sale.

Here's the deal kids. I'm a huge Andy Iro fan. He plays very stingy defense and also, he's someone that always has to be marked on corners and has proven he can put the ball in the net. Two things killed him in Columbus.

1) Julius James - Duh... of course. Here's the deal number 1 would not be so potent if not for...

2) Andy Iro - Hell. If I had an employee that was so angry about where I was placing him that he considered the internet the best place to vent his frustrations... I'd probably fire him. Bobby W had no other choice. If you are that dumb that you'd vent all your "zomg, not playing again" frustrations on the Tweetwebs you should be at the "We Deserve Butter" team, because you have one thing in common. Bitching.



Not to say that I'm mad at Andy... or that I even dislike Andy. Got to spend a few minutes with him in the Nordecke on Saturday before he shipped off for Baja Vermont. My point to this entire thing is pretty simple.

You... can I speak to you for just a second?


...


...


...


...

We good?

...


...

...

...

Cool...

...

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE. We're three points out of leading the eastern conference! IN A REBUILDING YEAR... and we're calling for the coach to get fired?

Leandre Griffit is a good player, but he obviously wasn't fitting in as he wasn't playing at all. Iro is a great guy and a great player and I wish him luck, but we have been spoiled damn rotten by '08 and '09. We still have a damn good team that needs to hit their stride. I hope this team decides to do it a bit closer to the playoffs than the post '08 teams have. I know it's awfully Columbus to say that the sky is falling every time it starts to rain, but seriously. Chill.

For Andy and Leandre good luck in your future gigs after Toronto's next coach fires you in August.

"when it's all said and done
it's real and it's been fun
but was it all REAL fun?"

No comments:

Post a Comment