Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why You'd Want to Live Here

"I'm in Los Angeles today:
Garbage cans comprise the medians of freeways always creeping
even when the population's sleeping.
And I can't see why you'd want to live here."




Crew vs Gals. Tonight 10:30pm.

Completely Nonsensical Comparison Report


Overall

Yes, Los Angeles probably wins this one, what with their "best record in the league" and their "undefeated at the Home Depot Center" and what have you... but the Crew... well... the crew had a scoreless draw against San Jose on Saturday.

ADVANTAGE LA

Focus

There is a distinct possibility that with their match last week against Real Madrid and their match this weekend against Manchester City the Gals may just forget to show up. If this is the case I hope Columbus can hold it together against 11 popcorn and beer vendors for a full 90. Honestly though. These "marquee" teams in the league seem to pretend these midsummer friendlies are the goddamn UEFA cup this could bode well for Columbus as I doubt we'll be resting anyone for our game against f...ing Newcastle next Tuesday.

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

Fans

I doubt there will be a lot of Columbus fans making the trek to LA for this match, but I needed a reason to show this picture.


ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

... no seriously that came up on the first page of Google Images when I typed in "Los Angeles Galaxy Fans". I swear to god. If I was Landon Donovan I would have nightmares about those people. Hell. I may have nightmares about those people tonight. Come to think of it. This photo scares the crap out of me. I'm changing my mind.

ADVANTAGE LA

Not Having Weird Ass Third Jerseys

Why does LA have a sepia jersey?


Who thought this was a good idea? Was this jersey introduced on "Old Timey Photograph Night?" Seriously, did someone in the LA front office just get Photoshop this offseason and was he like "Holy crap guys, look what I can do with the second most basic filter there is!"

ADVANTAGE COLUMBUS

So there you have it folks. My keys to the game.

LA

Remember that you have a match tonight.
Show up for said match.
For the love of god don't look at your fans.

Columbus

Hope that LA forgets there is a match tonight.
Show up for match against LA.
For the love of god don't look at LA's fans.




"It's a lovely summer's day
and I can almost see a skyline through a thickening shroud of egos.
Is this the city of angels or demons? "

2 comments: